Monday, August 27, 2007

Consent

I signed a consent form the other day. It was a doozy.

-You may experience pain and bleeding and swelling.

cool.

-You may experience hives, with swelling and itching.

right.

-You may experience nerve damage causing the inability to taste/feel for a period of time up to and including indefinitely.

bring it on.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I finally got sick of the headaches and scheduled the appointment. Fortunately, they were fully grown in and all it took was a local anesthetic and he pulled them right out. No trouble at all. I felt fine by the next day and now I feel fantastic because the headaches are gone! YAY!

To top it off, I have the best dentist in the world and he offered to do the surgery for free since I don't have dental insurance. Free. True story. All I had to do was drive 5 hours, which was no problem at all. What does one do for a dentist who does something so nice? Any ideas?

Oh, and I kept my teeth to show them to Nathan. He thinks the tooth fairy should give me $200 for those. I'm still waiting.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Wow - free dental work - that is hard to believe. But what a blessing. Hope this keeps you headache free!

Kristi said...

The kids and I missed you all on our trip. I'm glad you got your teeth pulled. Call me soon, if you can.