Saturday, July 28, 2007

Tell me, what would you have done?

Suppose your children wanted to make you a snack. They went into the kitchen for a while and then returned with a treat that they were very proud of. They stood next to you, grinning, while they explained what was in said treat then waited for you to eat and react.

I got two treats. The first one consisted of a a piece of chedder cheese, topped with strawberry syrup, garlic, orange juice and another piece of chedder cheese. The second treat was chunks of chedder cheese and garlic in a bowl topped with rice milk.

MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

I took a bite of both, grinned, praised them both on how great it was and what a nice surprise it was. They seemed happy with watching me take only one bite and they left to play. I siezed the opportunity and put the rest in the garbage disposal.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

ew! you're definitely a better mom than i!

Lucy said...

I actually remember thinking like that and making really, really odd food combinations. I think I was a little older than Nathan, though. And...dumb enough to try them myself.

You are a really, really nice mom. I think I might have yelled about wasting food and making a mess. I'm probably not fostering any future chefs around here.