Monday, January 01, 2007

Things I learned on my Christmas vacation

Through observation:

-If you buy a pie from Costco at Thanksgiving, eat one slice, then put it in the fridge until it gets moldy, Costco will take it back at Christmas time and give you your money back.

-There is no prophecy of a new star in the Old Testament. The only place where that prophecy occurs is in the Book of Mormon. So where did the the wise men hear about it? Hmmm....

-Planning large wedding receptions and Christmas parties for 50 + people is stressful.

-My Grandpa reads my blog. Hi Grandpa!

Through experience:

-If you get a gift from Best Buy that came out of the box broken, they won't take it back the day after Christmas if you don't have a receipt (hello, it was a gift!) and will be non-commital about ever taking it back.

-My kids' dentist was screwing us. Aria has like 5 crowns and tons of fillings, Nathan has 2 crowns, but doesn't have the rest of the work done yet. We took him into our old dentist while we were on vacation (Dave's sister's father-in-law) and he said Nathan didn't need those crowns and did a pulpotomy without sedation and didn't add a crown and it was SO much cheaper. We won't be going back to fancy pants expensive dentist that does work that isn't needed.

-If you're driving from WA to Boise, Tollgate is a better road to take than Cabbage Hill.

-Girls Night's Out are a necessary thing for a Mom of three.

-Leaving your husband home in a messy house alone for 3 days results in a clean house when you get home! (Maybe I should leave more often...)

-Giving Benadryl to a 14 month old can result in the best night sleep you've had in 14 months. (It was legit! He was breaking out from drinking milk!) I was sorely tempted to drug him again last night, considering I was up practically every hour with a cranky, coughing, teething little boy. I resisted, but man am I tired today!

2 comments:

Dixie Chic said...

In reference to the star not being in the Bible- The BOM also refers to other prophets from Old Testament times, which are not mentioned in the Bible. Maybe it's a prophecy that wasn't recorded??? I always assumed it was in there, too. Now you got me all thinking about it! LOL!

Good to see you back! Missed your updated blog posts!

Anonymous said...

Glad you learned so much! Glad Benadryl did the trick.. hope you can get good sleep again! Miss ya!