Sunday, January 07, 2007

Stand in your majesty!

I hear that phrase often from a friend of mine. She is amazing and likes to remind her friends that they are queens and to act like it.

So the other day I was noticing the large collection of tiaras that Aria has built. She must have at least 10 different princess crowns.

I was repairing one for her yesterday and after I rehooked the hair comb, she stuck it on my head and told me I was a princess. So I left it there.

I wore that one all day yesterday (mostly because I forgot it was there). But I'd catch a glimpse of it every now and then and it was fun, so I left it on.

Then today, after church, I grabbed one out of the van that had been left there. (it's Gabe's favorite one, he carries it around and puts it on. lol) Instead of putting it away, I put it on and decided to have another princess day.

Turns out, it's really fun! I feel like a princess! My kids keep telling me I'm beautiful and a princess and it totally affected my attitude and I had a great day!

So, my challenge to you is to be a princess for a day. Or a queen. Whatever. But you have to wear a tiara. And maybe some jewelry. That's fun too.

Comment if you do it! I want to know!

PS...It's 9:03 PM, all my kids are sleeping...but I still have the tiara on.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Idea I have 2 tiras of my own and no kids. Guess I am a Princess @ Heart.

Ambrosia said...

Misty, this is totally my type of challenge because I DO IT!! My aunt was the first black homecoming queen in high school and won at least other beauty pageant after that. She kept her tiara in my grandmother's house. EVERY TIME I went over to visit, the first thing I did was go to the back bedroom, open the drawer containg the crown and put it on. I loved that thing.

Then, I started doing it my freshman year and I'd wear a crown I made out of star garland to ward prayer. People would ask why I was wearing it and I would reply something like "Because i am a queen/princess-all women are or to remind me that I am a queen"

And so it has continued, my friends made me a crown for my bridal shower, my wedding veil has a crown like look to it-although I wish I chosen a full blown tiara- and at Halloween I make up a costume so I can wear some sort of crown. There have been MANY, in fact, I can't remember a Halloween in recent history where I haven't worn one.

Now my daughters have about 5 tiaras and I have my own..lol. We wear them occasionally. We need to do it more often. Isn't it amazing how a crown and what it symbolizes affects the way we act and react?

My daughter Olivia got the DVD version of the book "Daughter of the King" which teaaches us how we are all princesses and princes of our Father The King. She walks around singing, "I am a daughter of a King!!" And so we should ALWAYS remember and never, ever forget.

I am gonna go shower and throw on my crown. It's a "Stand in your Majesty" Day!"

sheri said...

I'm gonna have to go by me (er, I mean Kelly) a tiara! Oddly enough, Kyle doesn't have any in his collection of Star Wars toys.

Dixie Chic said...

Why don't I just put on the full blown outfit? No one would ever know, since no one visits me anyway! I'm sure I could squeeze into my dds' princess dresses, shoes, necklaces, feather boas.....then again, maybe not.... LOL.

I'll take your word for it, your Majesty. ;)

Actually, I notice I act a lot "prissier" when I curl my hair. I am a HUGE tomboy, so whenever I curl my hair I feel so FEMININE and PRISSY. Hmmm. Maybe I should act like a girl more often? LOL!

Anonymous said...

I am so on my way out shopping for a tiara. I don't what to be more jealous of, the fact that you had an entire day of feeling beautiful or that your kids were asleep at 9:00 PM!!

Anonymous said...

I guess I need to buy myself a crown for the little girl to be so I can wear it now, huh?

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be a queen! I have a tiara given to me by a friend, so I will try it this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Cute idea..hmmm. I may have to do this!

Anonymous said...

I have a few tiara's around my house.. I just might have to do this.