Sunday, January 22, 2006

My Inner Aria - the meaning behind my blog name

Aria is 3. She has a natural zest for life that the rest of us just wish we had. She expertly blends a happy-go-lucky, fun personality with the ability to whisk away other people's problems with no trouble at all. Whether it's with a hug when you most need it or an unexpected smile, she'll deliver. (And usually with all the flair she can muster.)

To Aria, rules were made to be broken. Even the English language is a necessary evil only to be used when she needs to get her point across to us mere mortals. She's quite verbose and has been talking our ears off since she was 1, but when she gets bored with English she'll switch to her own language and start babbling away. However, if you ask her what she just said, she'll pity you and repeat herself in English.

Aria means melody. And Aria does not dissapoint in that department. She constantly makes up songs and walks around serenading us. If only the rest of us could get away with that.

Yes, Aria is only three, and I'm plenty scared of what she'll be like in 10 years. But for now, she's my best girl.

So, my inner Aria is my inner melody. It's my inner rebel, my inner 3 year old, my inner compassion, and if you want to get real technical, at one point Aria was inside me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"if you want to get real technical, at one point Aria was inside me."

well i'm glad she made it out okay.

and i personally think aria language is the coolest.

;o)