Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Miss Clara is 3!

I sat down at the computer just now to blog Clara's birthday pictures. I'm holding Hyrum and he's fussing a bit and Clara shows up to do what she's been doing every single second since he was born 3 weeks ago.



She grabs his hand a bit roughly and I start to stop her and she says "I'M JUST TRYING TO KISS HE!" So I remind her to be gentle and she gives his hand a kiss. Then she goes to pull him off my lap. I start to stop her and she says "I'M JUST TRYING TO HUG HE!" So I remind her to be gentle and she gives him a hug. Then she grabs his binky and jams it in his mouth. I start to stop her and she says "I'M JUST TRYING TO GIVE HE HIS BINKY!" So I remind her to be gentle and she gets the binky in his mouth. Then she goes to grab his head and I start to stop her. She hollers "I'M JSUT TRYING TO PET HE!" So, again, I remind her to be gentle and she pets him on the head. Then she tries to touch his eyeballs. I say "don't poke his eyes" and she says "I JUST LOVE HE!!!"

Then she joins him on my lap and tries to snuggle in and make sure she's getting most of the mama lap love.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

So we've been playing up her birthday and making sure it's all about her and she's loving it. One day I got balloons and we did a little photo shoot. (don't you love how I'm so lazy I take my kids pictures on the street in front of our house?)

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

Then we had her party at Chuck E Cheese. She's been talking about this for months! Nearly every day she'd ask if it was her birthday yet and I'd say "when's your birthday?" and she'd say "May 4th" and I'd say it wasn't May 4th yet and she'd put the question on hold til the next day.







Photobucket



And this morning we woke her up for the traditional birthday breakfast and a present in bed.



And tonight she gets to pick dinner and we'll have cupcakes.

I love you, my Clarabelle! Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

What a darling little soul! Happy birthday to her!

Linda said...

Sweet girl:) Love her! Pictures are adorable. It looks like it's time to update my picture wall.
I forgot to mention is the last post on Hyrums blessing day that Ainsley was on my lap lookin at the pictures too and reaching out to the computer and making noises and also trying to hold get Hyrum to hold. It was cute.

Washington Hills said...

Misty, you are so so talented!!! Your kids are so lucky to have all these wonderful pictures!