Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Blessing Day!

We blessed Hyrum on Sunday. It was a lovely blessing but Hyrum wasn't too excited about it. He cried through the whole thing. Not just fussing. Really crying. I had hope because he's my first kid to take a binky so I figured we'd pop it in and he'd be fine through the blessing. Nope. He spit it out as soon as the blessing started and that was that.

But he was cute! And I have pictures!

The super soft and gorgeous green blanket was knitted by my mom. I love it!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





One of our awesome sister missionaries was able to hear past the crying and wrote some notes about the blessing for me. He was given his name and told that his parents love him and are thankful for him. He was told that he was close to the Savior in the pre-existence and his desire is to follow Him. He came to earth at this time to fulfill the Saviors will. Life will challenge him but he was blessed to be able to bear up those burdens.

We sure love him! He's already brought so much joy to all of us.

Thanks to everyone who came to support us on his blessing day!

3 comments:

rebeccaV said...

Love these pictures!! And you look beautiful in that last pic :)

Jon and Maryanne said...

I am so sorry we couldn't make it! He is just so cute!

Linda said...

We are so glad we could come! He is a beautiful baby and received a beautiful blessing. What a wonderful way to end the crazy busy weekend. I LOVE the pictures!
Of course you know I want copies:)