Sunday, December 26, 2010

Going back in time

I'm home from church today with my oldest (he woke up covered in hives, oi) and decided it would be a good time to get a little blogging done. A couple weeks ago I was catching up on my moms blog and came across some pictures of a trip we took to North Western WA with mom and dad in August. Aka...week 7-ish of this pregnancy...or...the beginning of the hell that is the first (and usually second) trimester.

In other words, I was sick. Super sick. Constant, debilitating nausea and a lot of throwing up. So I was also miserable and whiny and spent most of the vacation in bed trying not to throw up or cry.

So some of these pictures were the first I saw of what Dave and the kids did while I wallowed in my misery.

For example...

We went to the beach.

I curled up in a quilt, in the shade, on the sand, with a box of crackers, and tried to nap away my misery.

Dave and the kids, however, went to a beach museum of some sort and built a sand face.









Another morning they went walking along the coast where we were staying and looked for shells and starfish. I don't even remember this happening so I was either in my room, with the lights off, blinds closed, asleep, or trying to sleep away my misery.









I was conscious for part of the trip. Although, granted, not terribly fun to be around.

We went to Forks. (after a horrid drive through the mountains and around a mountain lake. Beautiful, but the road was long and curvy and horrid.)



If I look miserable in that picture it's because I was. Any other time I probably would have had a lot of fun running around Forks and being a dorky tourist. But I did take a few pictures. Pretty much the only pics I took the whole vacation.





Team Jacob! lol






The best part of the entire trip was going out to first beach at La Push. I had eaten a good amount of protein just then, there was a nice breeze and I had a few minutes of reprieve from the misery. It was nice to walk around and take a few pictures.



My favorite shot.


I even smiled once.




And I got a good laugh at my weirdo kids.






6 comments:

rebeccaV said...

Looks like it would've been an awesome trip if you hadn't been so sick :( We should take a road trip to Forks sometime for a redo!

LOVE your Christmas card!

Kendra said...

I love your family. You guys are so cute. And I hope the nausea and stuff has faded or at least tapered down.

Linda said...

You were miserable weren't you:) I am going through all the pictures for the calendar and I was looking at the one where we are in front of the forks sign and thinking that you didn't look like you were having to much fun. Glad to have documented it with pictures for you lol. We had fun while you rested.

Teresa Kauer said...

Got to love a trip to the beach!! Too bad you felt so miserable - good thing you had others there to keep the trip fun for the kids :) Your kids are adorable! Aren't families fun!?

Washington Hills said...

Love the shirt over the face picture!

Washington Hills said...

I forgot to mention before - I think you described the HORROR of having the green glow perfectly! I have a picture of me sick sick sick with Tyler (#3) and my father-in-law. Just looking at the picture makes me want to die.