Thursday, December 17, 2009

This years Christmas Letter/card

I'm feeling pretty on top of things this year. Got my cards and letters mailed out already. For those of you that didn't heed the call for addresses, you get to see it here.



December 14, 2009
Dear Everybody,

I'm not sure how I got stuck with this job. Something about me being the youngest and having no responsibilities... I don't know what they're talking about. I'm super busy! I have to learn all sorts of important things. Like why is everyone so excited about that fat guy in the red suit? I get that he says ho-ho-ho. Everyone gets excited when I say it too. But why do they want me to sit on his lap?! The candy canes are nice but I'm not letting him hold me. No way. Besides, it's not like they just hand me to other strangers, what's so special about this one? I have other things to learn too. Talking in sentences, jumping, shapes, colors, sounds...I think I'm busier than the rest of my family put together. I am the only one that gets so exhausted that I need a nap every day. Oh, and don't forget I have to keep practicing the things I learn, too. I sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star 500 times a day. My mom loves it. She also loves my favorite game. It's kinda like hide and seek, except I hide things and then Mom has to find them. My favorite place to hide things is in the trash can. It's so funny when she looks in there. But I know she loves it 'cause she tells me. She takes a big deep breath and says "oh, Clara, I love this game."

Anyway, Mom says I have to talk about everybody in this thing so here goes...

Daddy leaves every day. He gives me a big hug and I say bye bye and he says he wishes he could stay with me but he has to go to work. It's my favorite when he comes home. I hear the garage door open and run to the door to wait for him.

Mama stays home with me. Most days I take pretty good care of mom while dad is at work. Sometimes she takes me to my friends house so that she can help at Nathan and Aria's school. Mama takes *lots* of pictures, too. I'm her very best model. When people come over for pictures I hurry over and pose in front of the camera to show them how it's done.

My big brother Nathan turned 8 and got baptized this year. He goes to school a lot, even to an extra school once a week where he learns about knights and castles and how to say things in Latin and count using Roman numerals. He's in third grade. When he's not at school or doing homework, he's at karate. His belt is green. I like to watch him do nun-chucks.

I went on a date with my mom and my big sister, Aria, today. It's almost her birthday and she'll be 7. I have the best big sister, she plays with me, reads me stories and draws pictures for me. She goes to school too. First grade. She played soccer this year. I went to a lot of games. They were cold.

My brother Gabe is my best friend. He plays with me all day while Nathan and Aria are at school. He's so funny and he has good ideas of things to do. Mom doesn't always think they're good ideas, though. He's 4, he reads stories to me and our favorite show is Yo Gabba Gabba. He also played soccer this year.

Love, Clara (age 1)

PS...MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! WE LOVE YOU!

5 comments:

Joan said...

Great Christmas letter, Clara! And I like the photo too.
Merry Christmas!

Caroline said...

I love your Christmas letter. I will have do one like it next year from Jaxon's point of veiw. Your family is growing and I love it. Merry Christmas, thanks for sharing.

Hilary said...

I think this is my favorite letter that I have ever read. Thank you for sharing.

Linda said...

You're card is pretty special since it's the one your brother shows around to everyone on his mission:) Lucky you!
I have to agree with him:)

Linda said...

BTW I like that you changed you comment thing to where it pops up now si I can see the post while I am commenting.