Monday, February 19, 2007

There's nothing like it.

A good sale. And not just a good sale on regular, every day, normal priced clothing (although that's good too), but a good sale on designer clothes. Oh, man. If you've read the shopaholic books...you know how it feels.

Now, I'm pretty good about my shopping. I love new clothes, but I don't feel like I go overboard and I never ever pay full price. Ok, mostly never. shhh. But getting beautiful clothes at a slamming price is euphoric.

So, this last weekend, I was visiting my hometown and we were drawn to this store. It's a store I've been in maybe once before. And that time I walked in, looked at one price tag, and turned around and walked out. But this time, there were racks of clothing outside with giant 75% off tags everywhere. Just inside the door were all these beautiful shoes...also 75% off.


I saw these first and fell in love. There were only 2 pair left and I just knew they wouldn't be in my size. I mean, when does that ever happen? It's usually the teeny tiny sizes and the giant sizes that are the left overs. But they were my size!!! And at 75% off, just $19. I grabbed them and wandered around the store a bit and my wonderfully awesome Mom said she'd buy them for me for a Valentines Day present!







So, I didn't feel badly when I found these shoes for $23. Also in my size! I bought these ones. They're so comfy. Like a foot hug.







Even Aria found something she absolutely had.to.have. A really cute topaz ring. It was normally $55, so I figured it'd be just under $15 and I left it there. I didn't think it was such a great deal right then.

But then my sister got to town and she's even more of a shopaholic than I am so we went back the next day. And that's when I really scored. She found me some jeans. And not just any old jeans. The most comfy, soft, perfect fit, long-legged, make-my-butt-look-awesome jeans.


Oh, they're beautiful. And you'll never believe the price. $40! Oh, man. I may never take them off.

I also found an awesome black shirt, that totally hides my post-3-babies belly, but I don't have pics of that (it's still packed and I'm too lazy to unpack it right now).

And I was good and passed on 2 gorgeous skirts (I'm in this Dave Ramsey money class...so I had to be a little good to avoid the guilt).




Right before I checked out, I noticed that Aria's ring was still there, so I grabbed it to check the price. Turns out it was more than 75% off and only $5! So, it went with the loot. I'll probably save it and give it to her for her birthday or something.

4 comments:

Lee said...

You already know it, but I will tell you again. I am JEALOUS! Seriously Jealous. Next time I want to come and go shop there. Call me! It isn't THAT FAR!!

Lara said...

Yeah! Sounds like you had a great weekend. There is definitely nothing like a great deal.

Anonymous said...

What store was this? I am so jealous! :)

Traci

Misty said...

Walla Walla Clothing Co, on Main. I'm not sure how long it's been around.